Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's it really like?

My EuroStar conference experience started back in 1998 in a cold and snowy Munich. Since then I have been fortunate enough to attend all but the one held in Barcelona, either as an attendee or speaker. So I suppose the conference holds special memories for me having been attending them for so long. It’s always encouraging to see how many people still come back year after year for more, but also the way it can attract people who have never been to the conference before.

There is always the opportunity to either make new acquaintances in the industry or meet up with existing contacts, which is always an important part of the event. However, it is equally valuable as an informative and challenging conference. It’s the type of place where you can learn from people’s successes and also maybe their honesty of failures. There are practical ideas you can take back to your workplace on a variety of topics, or new ideas to be learned about from other practitioners or “experts” in the field. But don’t take my word for it, make sure you put the date in the diary now so you can be sure to experience the conference first hand.

This year I will be more involved in EuroStar as I’m taking on different roles as one of the UK country Co-ordinator’s (so if you have any questions drop me an email) and also part of the program committee.

I look forward to seeing you in Manchester.

No comments: